Cashier during all shotgun hours.
Maintain accurate accounting for the day
Load Target System cards for shooters
Spot clean clubhouse as needed
Sundays 9:00 am – 4:30 pm and Thursdays 12:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Pay is hourly $10.00 per hour.
Paid training will be provided
Fill out job application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop off/mail to BWSA 4866 Ravenswood Rd Kimball, MI 48074
We’re having a great summer and for the most part the weather has cooperated with us.
The ATA shoots are bringing in new and old faces. This year we hosted the Michigan Zone 4 shoot and the Central
Zone shoot again.
The Shotgun Summer Games are heating up. John Hyde has pulled out in front in the 12/20-gauge skeet and sub-gauge skeet has Paul Robbins out of no where take the lead. Jim Spiroff is leading in skeet doubles so far, but that may not last long as there are a few challengers on his tail. Buddy back up has new teams joining, so it’s anyone’s game right now. The 5-stand game has only a 2-bird difference between 1st and 2nd place right now, this is getting very interesting. In East vs West the West is winning by a landslide as East hasn’t had anyone represent them. Trap shooters you are needed to represent your team.
There is still time to come out and join our Summer games. It’s $10.00 per game plus the cost of birds. Members and guests are all welcome to come join us. The banquet will be Saturday, August 25, 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
We had a great turnout in spite of the cold windy weather and a good time was had by all.
The shooting games were a big success as always. Thanks to Jim Spiroff, Bob Johnson, Steve Tabacco, Karl Schuknecht and all our pullers who braved the elements all afternoon and insured our shooters enjoyed all the shooting games. The office staff of Tamara and Ed Allbaugh, and Don Morgan made sure the clubhouse and fields were all set up for us. Thanks guys.
The 4 division winning teams shot off in typical winter league weather. White Division shooters John Hyde, Zach Stone and Sean Kennedy picked a good day step up their game and take the overall league championship. John shot 25 straight. Sean had a respectable round. And Zach Stone, who broke his foot a few days earlier, shot an astounding 23 on one leg while kneeling on a rolling walker.
Individual Shooting awards were:
- Men’s Hi Gun – Paul Robbins
- Lady’s Hi Gun – Ainsley Coleman
- Junior Hi Gun – Braden Ingles
- Most Straights – Skip Hyde
- Best Skeet League Trap Shooter – Gerald Whiting
- Most Improved – Ryan Onafrek
The highlight of the banquet had to be the meal. This year I had it catered by Village Café of Richmond. George and Maria did a fantastic job from set up to clean up and I only heard high praise for their meal from the guys I talked to. I highly recommend them if any of you need to have an event catered. Their business cards are on the bulletin board and Tamara has a few in the office.
Stop by the club this summer guys. There’s a lot of shooting events happening this year. “Like” the Facebook page and you’ll automatically get announcements from the club. And with that, I officially close out the 2018 Winter Skeet League. Thanks to everyone who pitched in and helped me throughout the year. I had so much fun this year, I think I’ll do it again next year. Shoot straight, shoot often and brass to the back.
Beautiful spring weather welcomed the opening of our new Promatic 5 stand yesterday.
The Winter Skeet League is wrapping up and the fifth 100 scores have been posted. Head on over the the 2018 Winter Skeet League page to view or download the scores.
Saturday April 28, 2018
Blue Water Sportsman Association Clubhouse
- Shooting games start at 3:00
- Steak dinner at 6:00
- Trophy presentations at 7:00
Division champs can shoot their championship round any time between 3:00 and 6:00. I will do the scoring.
Awards will be presented for Overall Team Champions, Divisional Team Champions, Hi Gross Team, Hi Gun (1st, 2nd, & 3rd), Junior Hi Gun, Most Improved, and Most 25’s.
Shoot off rules are posted at at the clubhouse and on the website under the Skeet League tag and on the Blue Water Sportsman Association Facebook page.
Final scores and standings will be posted at the clubhouse, on the Facebook page and on the BWSA website by Tuesday April 24th.
Any questions, call Larry Sokolowski (810) 841-7136.
Winter Skeet League Shoot Off Rules
- Each division winning team will shoot a registered score for the overall league championship on the same field.
- Any absent shooters score will be their league average for 25 birds minus 2 birds.
- Each team can pull your own birds, but a club employee or myself will have to keep score.
- Final team score will be their individual gross scores shot on Sat. plus their final league handicap for 25 birds rounded to 2 decimal places.
- Full handicap scores will be used for overall league champion. No maximum handicap.
- In case of a tie for 1st place after the shoot off, we’ll go back on the score sheet to Station 8 and the team with the highest total for that station will win the tiebreaker. If the scores are equal on Station 8, we’ll go to Station 7 and so on until one teams score is highest.
- Tie breakers for Gross Team champion will be “Most team 25’s”, then “Most team 24’s”
- Tie breakers for Gross Individual champion will be “Most 25’s”, then “Most 24’s”
- Tie breakers for Most Straights will be “Most 24’s”, then “Most 23’s”
- If a team with a ghost shooter wins their division, the ghost shooter score for the shoot off will be the gross average and handicap average for their division.
The Winter Skeet League is well under way and the fourth 100 scores have been posted. Head on over the the 2018 Winter Skeet League page to view or download the scores.
The Winter Skeet League is well under way and the third 100 scores have been posted. Head on over the the 2018 Winter Skeet League page to view or download the scores.
The Winter Skeet League is well under way and the second 100 scores have been posted. Head on over the the 2018 Winter Skeet League page to view or download the scores.
The Winter Skeet League is well under way and the first 100 scores have been posted. Head on over the the 2018 Winter Skeet League page to view or download the scores.