Saturday April 28, 2018
Blue Water Sportsman Association Clubhouse
- Shooting games start at 3:00
- Steak dinner at 6:00
- Trophy presentations at 7:00
Division champs can shoot their championship round any time between 3:00 and 6:00. I will do the scoring.
Awards will be presented for Overall Team Champions, Divisional Team Champions, Hi Gross Team, Hi Gun (1st, 2nd, & 3rd), Junior Hi Gun, Most Improved, and Most 25’s.
Shoot off rules are posted at at the clubhouse and on the website under the Skeet League tag and on the Blue Water Sportsman Association Facebook page.
Final scores and standings will be posted at the clubhouse, on the Facebook page and on the BWSA website by Tuesday April 24th.
Any questions, call Larry Sokolowski (810) 841-7136.
Winter Skeet League Shoot Off Rules
- Each division winning team will shoot a registered score for the overall league championship on the same field.
- Any absent shooters score will be their league average for 25 birds minus 2 birds.
- Each team can pull your own birds, but a club employee or myself will have to keep score.
- Final team score will be their individual gross scores shot on Sat. plus their final league handicap for 25 birds rounded to 2 decimal places.
- Full handicap scores will be used for overall league champion. No maximum handicap.
- In case of a tie for 1st place after the shoot off, we’ll go back on the score sheet to Station 8 and the team with the highest total for that station will win the tiebreaker. If the scores are equal on Station 8, we’ll go to Station 7 and so on until one teams score is highest.
- Tie breakers for Gross Team champion will be “Most team 25’s”, then “Most team 24’s”
- Tie breakers for Gross Individual champion will be “Most 25’s”, then “Most 24’s”
- Tie breakers for Most Straights will be “Most 24’s”, then “Most 23’s”
- If a team with a ghost shooter wins their division, the ghost shooter score for the shoot off will be the gross average and handicap average for their division.
The Winter Skeet League is well under way and the fourth 100 scores have been posted. Head on over the the 2018 Winter Skeet League page to view or download the scores.
The Winter Bullseye League is coming to a close, with only a few weeks left to shoot the remaining matches, but our shooters are pulling in amazing scores. If you aren’t sure what Bullseye, or Precision Pistol, is all about, stop in on Wednesday evenings to check it out and join the fun.
2018 Winter Bullseye League Scores as of 3-13-18
The Winter Skeet League is well under way and the third 100 scores have been posted. Head on over the the 2018 Winter Skeet League page to view or download the scores.
The next Hunter’s Education class is coming up in May. Learn more about our program on the Special Training page.
Held at Blue Water Sportsman’s Association
4866 Ravenswood Rd Kimball, MI 48074
Class Dates: May 12 & May 13, 2018
9:00 am – 5:00 pm both days
Students 10 years and under must be accompanied by an adult. There is a course fee of $10 assessed to attend this class.
Eye and Ear Protection required both days.
Bring a Lunch Both Days.
Preregistration Will Be Determined At A Later Date
For Alternate Registration
Barry Priestman (810) 388-5055
Dale DeFabio (810) 531-9900
Join the fun at our first woods walk of 2018. The .22lr Winter Woods Walk will be held on Saturday March 17th, 2018.
10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Registration is on Bay 4 (Homer’s)
25 targets set up at distances 5 – 50 yards.
Each targets gets shot 2 times for a total of 50 targets.
Cost is $10.00 for members and nonmembers.
This is a fun event open to all ages.
Contact: Don Morgan (810) 841-4970 or
Pete Galante ((810) 488-6405
The Winter Skeet League is well under way and the second 100 scores have been posted. Head on over the the 2018 Winter Skeet League page to view or download the scores.
Attention BWSA members, the Bullseye group is hosting its 2nd annual Super Bowl Party on February 4th starting at 4pm at the BWSA Clubhouse and you and your guests are invited! The indoor range will be open from 4pm until 6pm for trigger time. Please bring a dish to pass for the pot luck dinner and plan to join us for an evening of fun and fellowship! All ages are welcome and games for the kids will be provided (Super Bowl related “Big Kid” games will also be available). We hope to see you there!
The Winter Skeet League is well under way and the first 100 scores have been posted. Head on over the the 2018 Winter Skeet League page to view or download the scores.
Come join the fun, get out of the house. We shoot 12 shots every other Sunday starting on January 14th, from 9:30 till the fun is done.
Don’t worry about the cold, we have a wood stove to keep us warm, along with Bob’s soup “the best he’s every made” at each shoot.
The league fee is $25 for rifle, $15 for pistol. The range fee is $3 for members, and $10 for non-members per shoot.
New this year will be knife & hawk throwing and trade gun scoring. If you have any questions, call:
Bob Roskey (810) 531-6298 or
Bob Lane (810) 434-4512
Shoot Dates and Targets
All targets will be shot at 25 yards this year.
- January 14th
- Rifle target 1: 6 bullseyes
- Pistol target 1: large bullseyes
- January 28th
- Rifle target 2: Red coat 2 targets
- Pistol target 2: Large Buffalo
- February 11th
- Rifle target 3: Buffalo
- Pistol target 3: Large single bullseye
- February 25th
- Rifle target 4: Fox
- Pistol taret 4: Standing Ground Hog
- March 11th
- Rifle target 5: Bird
- Pistol target 5: Buffalo Head
- March 25th
- Rifle target 6: Woodchuck
- Pistol target 6: Deer Head
- April 8th
- Rifle target 7: Novelty
- Pistol target 7: Novelty
- April 22nd
- Rifle target 8: Crow
- Pistol target 8: Squirrel
April 25th: Banquet time 6:30pm